Dragon Bitcoin / Litecoin Mining Rig. Dual GPUs, Overclocked & Built for Max Power Efficiency (340W)
You are bidding on a brand new, custom built, Personal Computer complete with a custom built operating system and fully optimized bitcoin mining software, ready to go out of the box.
This is a lovingly put together rig built for bitcoin mining enthusiasts or hard core gamers. The parts in this rig were picked specifically for Mhash/sec per Watt at the lowest possible price. You will not find a more electically efficient GPU set up for the cost. The killer module in this rig is the Gold Certified PSU by XFX. This is rated to 1250W peak but with both cards cranking away it pulls less than 350 Watts from the wall due to its efficiency.
The Processor is a Quad Core i5 with an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. The motherboard has a UEFI bios with full graphical interface for easy overclocking. Please note: Overclock has been fully tested but is turned off when shipping as the software is tweaked for Bitcoin mining only. You wont need a CPU overclock unless you plan on mining Litecoin at the same time. (See software setup)
- In-Win Dragon Slayer Midi Tower Case
- XFX 1250W Black Edition Pro ’80+ Gold’ Certified Modular Power Supply
- Dual XFX Radeon HD 6950 Graphics Cards in CrossFire Configuration
- Dual 120mm Akasa Case Fans in Side panel, mounted directly beside GPU’s for enhanced cooling
- Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Processor (Stable OVERCLOCK TO > 4GHz) (77Watts T.D.P.)
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 M Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
- 2no Custom blanking plates in side panel for improved case airflow with custom washers and chrome screws
- TeamGroup Xtreem LV 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-17000 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit RAM
- Akasa Venom CPU Cooler
- Full Cable Management
- Includes Bootable USB (16GB Corsair) Drive fully loaded with everything you need to start mining bitcoins (See software below).
- Includes All spare parts included with the Motherboard, Case & GPU’s
This rig comes with a bespoke Arch Linux Operating System with Phoenix Bitcoin Mining software pre-installed and configured for maximum efficiency. I have written custom thermal monitoring scripts for both GPU’s and CPU which display on the Window Manager. The Graphical UI installed is ‘i3: Window Manager’ an extremely minimalistic interface to capitalize on every spare GPU cycle.
I have put a lot of care and work into this project and am starting the bid off at just a fraction higher than the raw parts cost. Parts were bought from Overclockers.co.uk last week and all receipts and warranties will be included. I will also be including most of the packaging and extra parts not used such as motherboard manual, PSU cables etc. I will also be including a ‘Getting Started’ document (writen by me) which includes full instructions on how to start mining bitcoins with a few simple commands. Evidence of power usage claims are available on request along with screenshots of Mining rate (Mhash/sec).
Power Usage and Mhash/sec evidence
By popular demand I have included evidence of power usage and Mining rate claims. To view the images fullsize right click on them and save them, or select ‘view image’ depending on your browser.